Film Critical

Film reviews and coming attractions by NAnderson for your consideration. I will be writing critiques of as many films as I can see. Check them out and write a comment.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

RESIDENT EVIL: EXTINCTION

Zombies galore and nothing much more.

Resident Evil: Extinction is the third installment in the series based on the popular video game. I went into this film with no background having never played the game nor seen the first two films. I was not pumped to see it, but left content. It was entertaining and it kept a solid pace from start to finish. The visuals were decent enough so as to not distract from the film. Which can be tough when a film is packed with zombies. Milla Javovich brings the most possible to her character of Alice.

The film starts at a good pace, with the action commencing almost right away. The story picks up from there and develops nicely. Being a Resident Evil virgin I did not feel out of place. It packed enough action to keep me interested while still explaining what was going on in the story. Some series of cool visuals didn’t hurt either. Milla Javovich has some great action sequences that are masterfully choreographed and shot. She pulls the lead role off with ease and grace.

Resident Evil: Extinction is obviously connected to a larger storyline, but not enough to discourage new viewers. Going into any film of the zombie genre I expect little. Lets just say that I got more than I expected. Despite shoty dialogue, the action was pretty good and I understood it enough as a newcomer to not feel alienated.


GRADE: C+
TRAILER: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/residentevilextinction/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home